Chevrolet owners have a new option available on the myChevrolet app: Vehicle Locate. With Vehicle Locate, Remote Access Plan users can know exactly where their car is at any time.
Vehicle Locate for MyChevrolet app provides the ability to pinpoint your vehicle’s location as well as send text alerts to friends and family when the vehicle arrives or departs a location. Creating a boundary (or geofence) as big as a 20-mile radius or as small as a specific address, up to 10 connected people can know when their loved ones are leaving an area or arriving soon. Forget the “I’m headed home now” text. Vehicle Locate sends the alert automatically as soon as the driver pulls out from work.
There are other advantages to the new app update:
- Parents can know when their kids arrive or depart school.
- Know a loved one is safe if they’re traveling through a storm instead of texting them while they drive.
- Know where the vehicle is if lending to a friend.
- Stay safe on blind dates by letting friends know when they’ve left the restaurant.
- Keep updated with loved ones who travel for work.
This function is available on Chevrolet models 2012 and newer in the U.S., Canada, and Mexico. For more information on the MyChevrolet app, contact Buff Whelan Chevrolet.